Sixt Car Hire at Lyon Airport
Founded in Munich in 1912, Sixt has become a worldwide mobility service provider which is still expanding steadily. In Germany and Austria, the company is already the market leader.
Sixt can offer top class cars to its customers at very low prices. They have the world's largest BMW and Mercedes Benz fleet and the latest models of top car makes, sports cars, convertibles, jeeps and trucks.
As a leading mobility service provider which is successfully expanding throughout Europe. They currently have around 3,500 service stations worldwide.
Sixt cover all aspects of mobility by supplying innovative, universally useful and top-quality services.
If you do decide to hire a car at Lyon Airport then it is always useful to remember the following basic safety advice:
- France has strict drink driving laws, blood alcohol levels are stricter than in the UK (0.5 mg/ml rather than 0.8). In any case, our advice is if you're driving, don't drink.
- Seat belts front and rear are obligatory everywhere.
- Speed radar traps are frequent. In France, anyone caught travelling at more than 25km/h above the speed limit can have their licence confiscated on the spot. Speeding and other traffic offences are subject to on the spot fines.
- Be aware that urban speed limits begin at the town or city sign (not always where the first 50km/h sign is situated), usually denoted by a white name panel with a red border, and the limit ends where the name panel has a diagonal black bar through it.
- Children under 10 years of age are not allowed in the front. In the rear they must use a proper restraint system appropriate to their weight, which means a child seat if they weigh between 9 and 15 kg. Over this weight they can use seat belts with a booster cushion.
Lyon Airport Sixt Car Hire
Sixt Car Hire
Lyon-Saint Exupery Aeroport
Telephone: +33 472 227 272 /Fax: +33 155 025 962
Opening hours: Monday - Friday 07.00 to 23.00, Saturday 08.00 to 22.00, Sunday 09.00 to 23.00. National Holidays 09.00 to 23.00.