Europcar Car Hire at Lyon Airport
Europcar was founded in 1949 and currently has a network consisting of 160 countries worldwide, 200 airport locations in Europe and 600 around the World. Their fleet contains more than 200,000 vehicles and they achieve close to an impressive 8 million rental contracts per year.
If you do decide to hire a car at Lyon Airport then it is always useful to remember the following basic safety advice.
- France has strict drink driving laws, blood alcohol levels are stricter than in the UK (0.5 mg/ml rather than 0.8). In any case, our advice is if you're driving, don't drink.
- Seat belts front and rear are obligatory everywhere.
- Speed radar traps are frequent. In France, anyone caught travelling at more than 25km/h above the speed limit can have their licence confiscated on the spot. Speeding and other traffic offences are subject to on the spot fines.
- Be aware that urban speed limits begin at the town or city sign (not always where the first 50km/h sign is situated), usually denoted by a white name panel with a red border, and the limit ends where the name panel has a diagonal black bar through it.
- Children under 10 years of age are not allowed in the front. In the rear they must use a proper restraint system appropriate to their weight, which means a child seat if they weigh between 9 and 15 kg. Over this weight they can use seat belts with a booster cushion.
Lyon Airport Avis Car Hire
Europcar Car Hire
Lyon-Saint Exupery Aeroport 69125
Telephone: +33 825 009 900
Fax: +33 472 227 518
Opening hours: Monday - Sunday 07.00 to 23.59