Bordeaux Airport Car Hire
There are six car hire companies based at Bordeaux Airport to choose from should you wish to hire a car at Bordeaux Airport. All corresponding offices are located within the Terminal buildings.
o decide to hire a car at Bordeaux Airport then it is always useful to remember the following basic safety advice.
1. Be sure to know your route and feel free to ask the agent at the vehicle rental desk for any specific directions you may require as they will be more than happy to help.
2. Before setting off remember to familiarise yourself with the vehicle's safety equipment such as hazard lights, headlights and adjust all mirrors and seats accordingly and always fasten your seat belts when travelling.
3. Do not leave any valuables on display when leaving the car and place any items you plan to leave in the car in the glove or luggage compartments.
Below is a list of some helpful points that should be remembered when driving a car in France:
- Drive on the right
- Don’t drink and drive - France has strict drink driving laws
- Seatbelts must be worn, front and rear
- The minimum age for driving in France is 18 but to hire a car in France you must be at least 21 years old and have held a driving license for a year.
- Children under 10 years old are not allowed to ride in the front. Children should always be restrained by an appropriate car seat. Over 15kg children may use a booster seat with an adult seatbelt.
- Always carry your driving license and if you do not have a photocard license, ensure you carry your passport as well to confirm your identity. It is advisable to carry your rental agreement also as proof of insurance.
- Give way to the traffic coming from the right (Priorite a droite) unless a yellow diamond sign is present to indicate you have right of way. Roundabouts are generally exempt from this and priority is given to the traffic already on the roundabout.
- Come to a complete halt at “Stop” signs
- Headlights should be used during the day if there is poor visibility
- Speed and radar traps are commonplace in France - there can be heavy on-the-spot fines
- Be aware that speed limits can change due to poor visibility and wet weather conditions
- Parking restrictions are strongly enforced, particularly in towns. Keep a look out for areas where you need a “Zone Bleu” sticker to park (usually available at newsagents or the local tourist office). Parkingmeters and pay and display machines are also commonplace.
- Park in the same direction as the traffic.
Car Hire at Bordeaux Airport
We provide details on the following car hire firms who are located in the terminal building at Bordeaux Airport:
|Budget at Bordeaux Airport
|Europcar at Bordeaux Airport
|Sixt at Bordeaux Airport